The Annual Race for the Cure is Almost Here! Register Now!
Hello Fellow Rockets,
As students and members of the community we know it is great to play our part to help make a difference. The opportunity to make a difference and experience an event like no other is quickly approaching and can be found at Race for a Cure.
Last year I volunteered at “Race for a Cure” in downtown Toledo. I have to say that it was an experience like no other! To see the community come together was a wonderful sight to see; people of all ages and different backgrounds were there for ONE CAUSE. The community became one and we were all come out on race day to promote awareness about breast cancer, breast health, give support, and celebrate survivors and most of all come together to find a cure.
The risk of women developing breast cancer is growing and we need to come together to find a cure and make a difference. Join us at this wonderful life changing event on Sunday, September 30th, 2012.
You will find more information BELOW about Komen Northwest Ohio and how to register for the race or how to get involved if you would like to volunteer. For more information on breast cancer click here!
I hope to see you there .
More About Komen!
- Komen Northwest Ohio Affiliate has invested nearly $8 million dollars in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in 24 counties in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan
- Komen is committed to serving uninsured and underinsured women and men in our community
- The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
Local affiliate info:
- 3100 W. Central Ave., Suite 235, Toledo, Ohio 43606
Phone: 419-724-CURE (2873)
How to Register:
*Registration for the 19th Annual Race for the Cure! September 30th, 2012 Downtown Toledo.
There are many simple and quick ways to register for the Race.
You can visit http://www.komennwohio.org/ and click on the Komen Race for the Cure tab and click Register.
You have an opportunity to create your own Team, Join an existing Team or a complete individual registration right on the website.
Mail in Registration:
You can find a paper entry form on the Register page of the Komen website. All mail-in entries must be postmarked
by September 14, 2012.*
Entry Forms are mailed out to
Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure
1255 Corporate Drive
Holland, OH 43528
You can also attend one of the these events to sign up for the Race.
NW Ohio Ford Dealers Registration
- Saturday, September 15, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Brondes Ford Maumee Race Week Registration
- Thursday, September 27, 10 a.m. to 7p.m.
- Friday, September 28, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 29, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You may also register on Race day beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Huron Street in downtown Toledo.
Any questions regarding Registration can be emailed to email@example.com.
* Team Village Info
Crazy outfits and dancing in the street are just the beginning! Teams also work together to raise funds that save lives in the fight against breast cancer. We have NEW team awards, team photo opportunities, food and fun for teams who raise $1,500 and more! The team village is a celebration of the top fundraisers at the race. With the High School Team Challenge, Team Awards and Team T Shirt Contest there are so many ways to get into the spirit of PINK and support the cause.
*Where the money goes
- With the main office in Toledo, the Northwest Ohio Affiliate service area encompasses 24 counties including Monroe County in Michigan and the following counties in Ohio: Allen, Auglaize, Crawford, Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Hancock, Huron, Hardin, Henry, Logan, Lucas, Mercer, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Shelby, Van Wert, Williams, Wood, and Wyandot.
- 75% percent of the money raised at Northwest Ohio Komen for the Cure stays right in the Northwest Ohio service area. Ensuring your dollars are being used for breast health services in your community.
Race Day Schedule
7:00 a.m. – Registration, Local Sponsors,Survivor Tent, ShopKomen
8:00 a.m. – Survivor Ribbon Photo
8:45 a.m. – Survivor Parade
9:30 a.m. – Race Begins
10:30 a.m. – Race Results
10:45 a.m. – Awards Ceremony
Other Ways to Connect with Komen!
- Komen Northwest Ohio Website
- Twitter: Follow us today!
- Pinterest: Pin your Pink!
- Youtube Channel