National Library Week – April 13-19
The theme of National Library Week 2014 is Lives Change @ Your Library. During this week libraries highlight the unique role they play in changing people’s lives. April 13-19 the University of Toledo Libraries celebrate by hosting special events and asking people to pose with their favorite book.
Please join us for these events!
• Monday, Apr 14, 2014, 10-3: Used Book Sale at Carlson
• Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014, 4-5, Mulford Library room 420: Bibliotherapy Lecture by certified therapeutic recreation specialist and UT alumna Holly Eichner
• Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014, 4-5, Carlson Library room 2010: Creative Readings by UT students in collaboration with the UT Writers Guild
• Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014, 6-9, Carlson Library 2nd floor: Game Night with student gaming groups UT-BASH and Rocket Recess for table top and video games
• Thursday, Apr 17, 2014, during library hours beginning at 10: Used Book Sale at Mulford
New READ posters featuring UT alumni will be on display starting Monday, Apr 14. Can you guess their favorite books?
• Toledo Mayor D. Michael Collins
• Anti-human trafficking advocate and UT social work professor Dr. Celia Williamson
• Local writer and historian Jim Mollenkopf
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Bruce Gradkowski
For more information please see http://libguides.utoledo.edu/nlw.
Julia Martin is UT’s Business and Economics Librarian. She passionately believes in connecting students to information. In the library this often means finding and evaluating books and articles as important steps in the decision making process, but it really includes so much more.
Email this author | All posts by Julia Martin