University of Toledo Celebrates Jewish Heritage Month!!!
The University of Toledo is looking to celebrate its second annual Jewish Heritage Month! I am so excited to see such a vibrant celebration that is only in its second year becoming such a wonderful tradition here at our University. I can say with certainty being part of the initiation and planning for the first Jewish Heritage Month last year, that I am ecstatic for the current Hillel leaders and applaud the work they’ve done this year. All great things start with an idea and to see an idea grow from conception to tangibility is a wonderful thing.
For this year’s celebration there are a plethora of events that UT Hillel is show casing to the UT community. There will be events going on all month at the Hillel House or around campus. Please come and show your support and enjoy the diverse and great programs put on by the University of Toledo Hillel. Jewish Heritage Month events are sponsored by the University of Toledo Office of Multicultural Student Success, UT Hillel and the Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo.
If you have any questions about any of these events email Laura Nedorezov at email@example.com or Elizabeth Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, April 1 — Jewish Heritage Month Kickoff, 1 to 4 p.m., Hillel House, 2012 Brookdale Drive. Stop by to learn more about Hillel and its members. Light snacks will be served.
• Tuesday, April 3 — Schmooze With the Jews, 8 p.m., Student Union Tom Trimble South Lounge. Hillel is hosting this game night with a twist.
• Saturday, April 7 — Passover Dinner, 7 to 9:30 p.m., Hillel House. Sit down with Hillel members to celebrate the second night of Passover with a kosher meal.
• Tuesday, April 10 — Jewish Heritage Jeopardy, noon, Student Union Tom Trimble South Lounge. Test your knowledge about Jewish people in entertainment, sports, religion and history. There’ll be prizes and free lunch.
• Friday, April 13 — Shabbat Dinner, 6 p.m., Hillel House. Celebrate the Jewish Sabbath. The day of rest is meant to free the Jewish people from the regular labors of everyday life and allow them to spend time with family and become spiritually enriched.
• Friday through Sunday, April 20-22 — Shabbaton, from 6 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Sunday, Hillel House. Join the fun with game night, brunch, “Ask Big Questions” forum, dinner, cooking class and more. Details are available by calling 419.724.0377; RSVPs requested to Elizabeth Lane to that number.
• Thursday, April 26 — Israeli Street Fair, 5 to 10 p.m., Student Union Tom Trimble South Lounge. Experience the tastes of Israel and the Jewish culture. There’ll be games and booths will sell food, art and more.
• Friday, April 27 — Shabbat Dinner, 6 p.m., Hillel House. Celebrate the Jewish Sabbath.