Moving Forward

Let Me Introduce Myself

I’ve posted here before. Different stories, but the theme is the same. It is accessibility. My role as the university’s ADA/504 Compliance Officer is to work to ensure access for all here. My job duties are administrative that includes me reviewing and, sometimes, revising policies, procedures and writing reports that pertain to the university and its adherence to the laws of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I work in government relations learning legislative changes, looking at our own changes made or that need to be made. I am responsible for documentation to answer to governing bodies. If it looks like I’ve copied and pasted my job description, you are partly correct. Why am I telling you this?

I am telling you I am here for you. I serve as a consultant, a collaborator, and an educator. Upon your request or mine, I am the person to talk to your staff whether it be awareness or training on ADA matters. I will take any question you ask and either answer immediately or know where to look for it and get back to you.

The ADA has a very broad scope. So broad it can be frightening and difficult to understand. There are several people, staff and faculty from top to bottom, who have never given it a thought due to lack of awareness. The ADA provides laws and guidelines the university must follow. We all have a responsibility to know how we fit in. Please contact me if you need me in any capacity I’ve listed.

Lastly, please contact me if you are aware of trainings or professional development seminars that I can benefit from in my role. Please introduce yourself to me. I look forward to working with you.     419.530.5792