Be a F.R.O.G.March 17th, 2014
Ribbit! Ribbit! Ribbit!
As the spring semester hops to an end, we quickly look to summer and August, beginning to prepare accordingly. Here in Residence Life, recruitment is already under way for our First-Year Resident Orientation Guide (FROG) program.
All UT students, student organizations, faculty and staff are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer to serve as FROGs. These volunteers are at the very heart of the August Move-in process across the residence halls. Moving into a residence hall is often a student’s second major experience on campus (next to their Orientation/Rocket Launch). For returning students, it signifies a “coming home away from home” of sorts. In order for these move-in experiences to be successful and memorable, we rely on our talented FROGs and staff.
Serving as a FROG gives you the chance to meet and greet students and their families in a fun, exciting setting. The energy at move-in is electric! We welcome everyone to come out, show their UT Pride, and serve as a FROG. You will enjoy it! We welcome all on-campus residents, commuters, student organizations, faculty and staff to volunteer as FROGs.
- Greet and talk with new and returning residents, and their guests about the Residence Life/UT experience.
- Direct traffic flow.
- Assist with moving boxes and other items via blue bins, from vehicles into residence halls. (students only)
- Attend the mandatory FROG volunteer meeting. (students only)
- Each FROG is asked to work 2 shifts (1-morning, 1-afternoon) over 2 days.
- Student FROGs with on-campus living arrangements can move into their rooms early, FREE of charge!
- All volunteers will receive a free FROG t-shirt, to wear during their assigned shifts.
FROG volunteers are a significant part of making a student’s arrival easy, pleasant and hassle-free. FROG Applications can be turned in electronically at http://www.utoledo.edu/studentaffairs/reslife/frog.html and become a volunteer today!
If you have any questions, please contact Matthew Perry at 419-530-4972 or the Office of Residence Life at 419-530-2941.
Come hop with us!