Hello from the beautiful Puntarenas, Costa Rica! This has been an extremely exciting first week and I’m eager to share my experiences with you.

Previously, I talked about finding that special someone or something that will change your life forever. That something that will ultimately bring you happiness; at the end of the day, happiness is what truly matters. Though I’m still searching for that something special, I believe I’m headed in the right direction here in Costa Rica. (previous blog: link)

In just one week: I have learned how to write multiple paragraphs worth of simple Spanish text, despite having no Spanish background, I have left my previous housing arrangements and moved into a homestay with an amazing host family, I’ve learned how to salsa, I’ve planned a trip to Panama and I’ve even organized a group to go to a local town to teach English on a weekly basis. With approximately fifteen weeks remaining, I’m eager to see what my fellow classmate and I can accomplish in this beautiful country.

With this group, I believe that the sky is the limit in regards to what we can accomplish. Similar to the group I went to Haiti with, these USAC students come from all over the world, from different religious & ethnic backgrounds and different career paths. Yet, we uniquely mesh together and create something special that hopefully can impact this community, country and world we live in; the impact that can be made has no constraints.

Sarah Dressen once said, “What you have to decide  is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you’d want to have spent it? The truth is, nothing is guaranteed. You know that more than anybody. So don’t be afraid! Be alive!”

I encourage all of you back home to go out and explore. Explore Toledo! Explore Ohio! Explore the United States! Explore the world! This unique planet has so much to offer and we must take advantage of all of these opportunities. Never quit learning, never quit exploring and never quit living. Now, go on and find that special something or someone. You have much to learn and much to share!

Go Rockets!

2 Responses to “Bienvenidos”

1. Adam Dellinger Says:

Hey Dan! I was in Puntarenas with USAC for Summer Session I in 2011. It’s a wonderful place. Try to stay cool!

2. Mike Says:

Hi Dan!

Its cool that you are Exploring Your World!

Please keep the pictures coming with your blogs!

We can see the story that you share with us!