Pulse of UTMC

An Unforgettable Experience- That YOU can be a part of.

Do you want to get involved in something meaningful?  We are looking to get a team together for the Pan Ohio Hope Ride.  It is a 4 day bike race that benefits the American Cancer Society.  The race will be held on July 25-28th.  It is an unforgetable experience.  Don’t believe me?  Here is an account from Jimmy Vassill, a UT law student that participated last year:

“Riding in the Pan Ohio Hope Ride is easily one of the coolest things I have ever done. I have been cycling for a little more than a year. Throughout that time I have always wanted to participate in an event like POHR – which is something very different from the weekly group rides of 25-40 miles which I was used to. My discovery of POHR came about at the perfect time. I was less than a week into the recovery of a broken collar bone and about two and a half weeks from the event. I imagined it would be the perfect motivation to strengthen and speed my recovery efforts.

The event itself was amazing. Everything including the other riders, my teammates, the volunteers, support staff, lodging accommodations, food, and of course the scenery was humbling. I have never before been around such a positive group of people. I am certain the purpose for all of us being there – to fight back against cancer – brought about the best in everyone.”

For more information you can visit the website Pan Ohio Hope Ride.  If you are interested in joining the UT team, contact rachael.whipple@rockets.utoledo.edu.

is is originally from Frederick, Maryland and has a passion for childhood obesity. She is a certified AFAA personal trainer. Rachael recently received her master's degree in Public Health. Rachael also received her Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science: Applied and Clinical Physiology in Summer 2011. In her spare time, Rachael enjoys running, playing tennis, and being active. Rachael is currently a wellness specialist in the Office of Community Wellness and Health Promotion at UT.
Email this author | All posts by