Congratulations to University of Toledo, University of Texas at Austin, University of Kansas, Bowling Green University, and Penn State University on a fantastic first #CampusLightsOut! Our results are below:
- # Of Universities: 5
- # Of Participants: 254
- # of Lights Turned Off: 14628
- # of Projectors, Computer Monitors, Computers, and other electronics turned off: 737
- # of Buildings: 112
- For a total savings of: 18869 kWh
Today marks the start of the month long Residence Hall energy competition, BlackoUT! We will give weekly updates on halls’ progress. The halls compete to see who can reduce their energy usage the most from their November 2013 usage. See the graph below to see last years winners. It’s anyone’s game! Help your hall win by remembering to do the following energy savings tips:
- Turn off your lights when their not in use or you leave the room!
- Unplug your chargers when not in use!
- Plug your electronics into power strips; turn off the switch when not in use!
- Switch your incandescent bulbs for compact fluorescent or LED bulbs!
- Wash only full loads of laundry and take shorter showers!
- Turn off your heat or air conditioning when you leave the room!