Every new waste station across Main Campus and the Health Science Campus has 4 recycling bins and 1 landfill bin. But what about cardboard? Cardboard is handled the same as in the past and instructions can always be found here.
Steps to Recycle Your Cardboard:
1. Flatten your empty boxes.
This makes it easier for us to handle, easier to bale it, and allows us to make less frequent stops (i.e. saves money)
2. If you only have 1 or 2 boxes, place your flattened cardboard in the hallway at the end of the day the Environmental Services staff will pick it up when they service your area.
3. If you have more than 2 boxes, please take your flattened cardboard to the collection area at the loading dock/ dumpster area for your building.
- If your building has a baler: Place your cardboard with the rest of the cardboard near the baler. Building staff will bale it and then Rocket Recycling will pick up the bales.
- If your building uses a collection bin: If your building has a wooden or plastic crate for cardboard, please place your flattened cardboard in the bin.
If you are unsure of how to handle recycling cardboard at your building, contact SEED at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for recycling!