We would like to extend an opportunity for you to teach overseas. Internships are available working with Child Development Centers on U.S. Military Bases in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and the U.S. (Florida and Hawaii). The program provides services primarily to toddlers and infants; some staff may serve in school-age care. The internships will begin January 2013 and end May 2013, with a living stipend of approximately $2900 for 17 weeks. Travel and housing are paid. Students earn 12 credits (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Northern Iowa. We will have openings for as many as 100 students.
If you have graduated or are a junior or senior and available, this is an opportunity for you to earn credit, gain cultural experiences, network for jobs, and build your resume. You will engage in worthwhile work, providing needed support in military Child Development Centers and School-Age programs. This internship provides related experience working with children and youth, while you network with one of the world’s largest employers, the Department of Defense.
Benefits of participation include:
* 12 hours of graduate or undergraduate credit from the University of Northern Iowa at a reduced rate.
* An opportunity to make a worthwhile contribution, supporting military families.
* Travel expenses and housing are paid in addition to a daily living stipend of $2900 for 17 weeks (prorated for shorter programs).
* Professional training in the child development and/or school-age care fields.
* Network with the world’s largest employer – the Department of Defense.
* Engage in cultural experiences.
* Build your resume!
If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, email Susan Edginton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number/cell number and address. Please briefly describe your experiences working with children as well as your educational background. Prior experience with children or youth is required. The subject line of your email should say INTERNSHIP-UT/E in.
Thank you for your consideration. Please note that we will have additional internships available in Fall 2013.
Catch the magic!