UT’s Black Alumni Weekend!
Building A Bridge To The Future…
Hello my fellow Rockets,
Thursday, October 20th, not only kicks off our exciting homecoming and parent/family weekend but also starts UT’s Black Alumni Weekend hosted by the Jeff Johnson Institute, University of Toledo Africana Studies Department and the Black Student Union.
Black Alumni Weekend is designed to accomplish the following:
1. Raise significant and increasing sums of scholarship dollars for existing and future UT students,
2. Engage Black Alumni in the activities of the University,
3. Provide targeted opportunities for Black Alumni to give and make ongoing financial commitments to UT,
4. Develop a targeted strategy to create an active mentoring relationship between black alumni and current black students, and
5. Honor distinguished black alumni. This weekends festivities are geared to engage black alumni and students who rarely attend the Homecoming festivities. And encouraging all students and black alumni to not only attend the game, but to participate in as many other activities as possible.
The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Student Union T-Section
Thursday, October, 20th, 2011
Student Union 2592
Friday, October, 21, 2011
Cocktails for a Cause Admiral’s American Grill
Old School Icebreaker Featuring: Doug E. Fresh
Toledo Concert Hall
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Alumni Legacy Luncheon
Student Union Auditorium
BSU/ Alumni Tailgate Party
Sunday, October 23, 2011
2nd Annual Bridging the Gap Luncheon
Student Union Room 2582
**Tickets go on sale Friday, September 9, 2011.**
ALL of the proceeds from the Black Alumni Weekend will go towards scholarships for black students here at UT. But more importantly we want to connect Alumni with current students to ensure increased support and graduation.
This weekend will surely be one to remember! See you there!
Add UT Black AlumniWeekend on Facebook for more information and ticket prices upon their release!